How To Avoid Scammers On The Internet
Cybercriminals come up with new types and schemes of deception on the Internet. In this article, we will look at the main schemes of deception and how not to fall for the tricks of scammers.
Types of Deceptions
Online services are now widely used for paperwork, the execution of banking operations on payments, and deposit management. The development of technology contributes to the activation of scammers on the Internet. It is much easier to deceive gullible citizens online than offline, there are several popular types of fraud:
It is the theft of identification data (for example, full name, password, and bank card number). Attackers take advantage of the inattention of citizens and seize confidential information by creating clone websites, fake accounts in instant messengers and social networks, and sending emails. Criminals pretend to be reliable sources on the network, forcing the victim to give them personal information. If you want to try to find something new, start with gambling and try free slots where you will not need to share your financial data.
It is a type of Internet crime in which fraudsters steal confidential information about users and withdraw money from their accounts without their knowledge. The most common way to gain access to bank card information is to hack the servers of online stores, as well as settlement and payment systems. Hackers use remote access programs and malware (software) to obtain personal information about a person and payment card information.
The most common schemes of fraudulent activities in cyberspace:
- Twins of online stores. Incredibly cheap items and hot half-price deals are designed to entice unsuspecting online shoppers. Through search engines, users follow a link, register, and enter their bank account information to complete a purchase. As a result, the seller receives payment and disappears or sends a completely different product. You should always check the address bar in your browser. It must start with "HTTPS" (secure data transfer protocol), which means that the resource has a secure (encrypted) connection, although it does not guarantee complete security.
- Copies of Internet banking services. Malefactors create bank site clones. Using an email or SMS message, they invite users to go through authorization. Inattentive citizens go to a fake site and register a personal account, revealing a username and password to access finances. Fraudsters empty bank accounts when receiving data.
- Hacking accounts and mailing from friends for profit. Fraudsters write to the mail or social networks to relatives and friends of the page owner with a request to urgently transfer money, coming up with various situations.
- Profitable earnings offers. Unscrupulous employers offer remote work. But first, they demand to pay for organizational needs. As soon as a person transfers money, the fictitious organization disappears from the radar.
How to Protect Yourself and Avoid Becoming a Victim of Scammers
To avoid falling for the tricks of scammers, you need to be vigilant when making any monetary transactions using bank cards and never disclose card details to anyone. Bank employees do not require to be provided with the CVV / CVC number on the back of the card. You can secure personal finances in compliance with the basic rules:
- Use a separate virtual card for purchases, it is better to replenish it once - only when making a payment.
- Create complex passwords and use different data for mailboxes, social networks, and other sites, because it is easier to recover a password than to return the stolen money.
- Do not click on unknown links that are sent by email, instant messengers, or social networks, especially if they offer something free or on favorable terms.
- Do not disclose personal card data to strangers and do not enter them on unfamiliar sites, do not indicate security codes from SMS messages.
- Critically evaluate any information, messages, or ads on the Internet, and also do not take a word for sudden appeals from friends and relatives, most likely an unexpected request for money is sent from a scammer who hacked their account.
- Use a VPN in unfamiliar places so that fraudsters cannot download personal data from your device.
Scammers pursue a single goal - to fraudulently obtain money or property. They know how to win over, play on emotions and feelings, and intimidate. However, knowing their schemes of work, you can avoid losing money on the Internet.
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika pole zawiera niedozwolone znaki
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika netia spot i hasło
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika błędna
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika citibank
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika pppoe ps3
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika lotto zapomniana
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika suko
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika w hestii
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika edimax i hasło
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika śmieszna
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika eset nod32 i hasło
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika archiwum allegro
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika steam podana lub hasło są nieprawidłowe
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika w upc
- ☞ nazwa użytkownika i serwer wszystkich kont league of legends: