P1-M bounty for gunmen in newspaperman’s killing

THE TASK Force Denora yesterday confirmed that the reward money to pin down the perpetrators in the killing of a Davao del Norte newspaperman has been raised to P1 million.

“ I just don’t know regarding the breakdown of the reward,” Chief Insp. Louie Padillo, the spokesperson of the task force, told TIMES yesterday.
He said that they already matched the ballistics used in the murder of Dennis Denora, publisher of Trends and Times newspaper, with five other murder cases in the region. The gun used to kill the 67-year-old was a .45 caliber pistol.
“The TF right now is pursuing a lead and conducting a review on the other five cases,” Padillo said. “We are evaluating the possible commonalities of the victims and the suspects in the said cases.”
Denora was killed on Thursday last week in Panabo City. Technical experts of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group have been enhancing the footage to possibly identify the gunmen.
The city government and friends of Denora have dangled a P300,000 bounty for the identities of the suspects and their eventual arrest.
Sr. Supt. Alan Manibog, Davao del Norte Police Provincial Office director and co-chair of the Task Force Denora, said they are looking at all angles of the crime. He said they already identified some persons of interest.
Early last week, Rep. Antonio R. Floirendo Jr. of the First District of Davao del Norte called on the authorities to run after those who killed Denora.
“Justice should be served at all cost for Dennis Denora, and press freedom must not be threatened by perils poised by persons who want to destabilized public safety,” said Floirendo in a statement released Sunday night.
“I can vouch for decency, integrity and strong commitment to seek the journalistic truth,” he said, claiming that he knew the victim for 30 years.

Posted in Latest News