Fire hits Kopiko, Iglesia

FIRE broke out in three different areas this week, data from Davao City Police Office (DCPO) bared.

At 4:13 p.m. on Wednesday, a fire transpired at a repair shop owned by Crispino Gono in Tancontian Street, Barangay Wilfredo Aquino, Agdao District when a mechanic on duty switched the ignition on a multicab. The blaze was due to the short circuit connection.

The blaze was extinguished seven minutes after.

Two incidents also happened on Sept. 7.

On that day, about noon, a fire broke from unattended soap cooking at a soap and liniment livelihood factory and Iglesia ni Cristo Church at Purok 2, Balingaeng, Tugbok District. The amount of damage is yet to be determined by the owner Marcelo Suson.

Also, later that day, there was a blaze in a stock room rented by Kopiko company at the residence of Ernesto Bucao and Rodolfo Bucao in Water Lily Village, Sarphil, Barangay Wilfredo Aquino, Agdao District.

The fire started at 6:30 p.m. and was controlled an hour after by the Bureau of Fire of Protection (BFP) with assistance by the Central 911 Fire Auxiliary, Davao Filipino-Chinese Fire Volunteer, Davao Volunteer Fire Brigade and the Sta. Ana Police Station.

The cause and total amount of damages are yet to be determined.

Fire inspector Christian Cena, spokesperson of BFP-Davao, said they have already recorded 224 fire incidents from January to Sept. 6 this year, which declined from 432 fire incidents in the same period last year. He said the figures dropped against last year with the intensified campaign on fire prevention.

The combined worth of damages, he said, reached to P634.18 million.

“Most of these are residential conflagration followed by those happened in business establishments and storage facilities,” Cena said. He said they also filed two arson cases this year.

Posted in under_HEADLINES2